This NEW program is designed to prepare learners for direct entry into healthcare support jobs such as: Healthcare Aide, Support Services Aide, Dietary Aide, Orderly, Patient Care Aide, Recreation Aide, etc.
The program is also suitable for preparing learners for further education and training opportunities in healthcare support occupations such as: Social Service Worker–Gerontology, PSW, Clinical Assistant, LTC Cook Apprenticeship, LTC Administrative Assistant, OT/PT Assistant, Recreation-Gerontology, etc.
- Learn valuable industry knowledge and build essential skills for healthcare employment
- FREE, Part-time: 5-week program, Tuesday & Wednesday mornings, in Milton
- Instructor-led, in-person classes (with health & safety protocols)
- Earn FREE Certificates and build your Employment Portfolio:
- Feeding Assistance
- Credible Sources for Health Information
- Person-Centered Care
- Infection Prevention & Control (IPAC)
- First Aid/CPR
- Safe Food Handler & more…
Suitable for: Individuals age 19+ with an interest in working in a healthcare support role
Fees: The program is FREE
- Halton resident
- Must have a valid Social Insurance Number
- ESL learners must have a minimum CLB level 5+/6
- Able to commit to the entire duration of the 5-week program
- Basic computer knowledge (Internet, email)
Next session: Tuesdays and Thursdays 9 am - 1 pm, October 18 - November 17.